The Ombud Council hereby invites, in accordance with section 214(1) of the Financial Sector Regulation Act, 2017 (Act No. 9 of 2017) (FSR Act), submissions on the draft governing rules for the NATIONAL FINANCIAL OMBUD SCHEME SOUTH AFRICA (“NFO Scheme”).
Please find the following documents attached:
• Annexure A : Explanatory notice.
• Annexure B : Statement of need, intended operation and expected impact of
the proposed NFO governing rules.
• Annexure C : Draft Memorandum of Incorporation (“MOI”) of the NFO Scheme.
• Annexure D : Draft Rules of the NFO Scheme.
• Annexure E : Template for making submissions.
This invitation and the above documents are also available on the Ombud Council’s
website at https://www.ombudcouncil.org.za.
Submissions on the draft NFO scheme governing rules (Annexures C and D) must be
submitted in writing, on or before 14 December 2023 to the Ombud Council, at
email@example.com , using the attached submission template (Annexure E).